In the U.S. more elders than ever before are living alone and suffering from social isolation. According to a recent report from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NASEM), nearly one-fourth of adults aged 65 and older are considered to be socially isolated due to a variety of factors, including living alone, leaving the workplace, no longer being the hub of their family, getting older or weaker, enduring the deaths of spouses and friends, and/or struggling with disability or illness.
While loneliness is a feeling of being alone regardless of the amount of social contact, social isolation is a lack of social connection. Either way, Cindie can help by spending quality time with an elder and cultivating genuine rapport.
Elder companionship with Cindie will be tailored to your situation and needs. It includes home visits, talking, sharing, reading, listening to music, walking, sitting in the garden, nature connection and other types of emotional, mental, relational and spiritual support.
Here are just a few of the benefits an elder person can experience by spending time with Cindie:
- Reduced anxiety by feeling connected with another human heart to heart.
- Improved mental and emotional states through the experience of talking and sharing feelings with a trusted person.
- Increased self-esteem by feeling seen, heard and accepted without judgment.
- Enlivened by good conversation.
- Improved wellbeing through the development of a healthy relationship with another person.
- Depression and grief support.
- Established and trusting relationship early on with Cindie that will carry forward seamlessly to the time when Cindie’s services as death midwife are needed.
- Assistance with small tasks. While Cindie’s primary role and gift is to offer mental, emotional, relational and spiritual support, she is also available to help her clients perform small tasks that are difficult for them to accomplish on their own.
Humans are biologically designed to live in community and be close to other people so they can connect with each other, build relationships and feel a sense of belonging. It’s unnatural for an elder or anyone to experience social isolation, especially if they feel vulnerable with aging. Cindie can help by offering genuine presence, full attention, and deep connection.
By creating a password the system will remember you and make your next purchase more convenient, We do not store credit card numbers.